Looking for helpful resources to help you keep your Westfalia camper van in peak condition? You’ve come to the right place!
We have made it our mission to create one of the most comprehensive and useful Resource pages for the Vanagon community. On this page you’ll discover tips, manuals, instructions, maintenance info and more for the Westfalia Vanagon camper van that was on the market from 1980 – 1991 and is still cherished by many today.
Many of these resources were provided by long-time Westfalia campers and experienced shop owners.This page gets updated regularly so please bookmark it and check back often to see what’s new.
If you have any Westfalia camper van links or resources to add to this page, please send them our way! Send your submission or request for information to firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTALLATION TIPS & TUTORIALS
- Pop Top Canvas
- 2014 Version of Kris Knight installation of canvas part 1 – by Curt Long
- 2014 Version of Kris Knight installation of canvas part 2 – by Curt Long
- Pop Top Seal
- Pop Top Lift Struts
- EZY Awning Set Up – by Curt Long
FRIDGE MANUALS & RESOURCES
- Dometic General Repair Manual
- Dometic Lighting Instructions
- RV Fridge Repair -North Vancouver, BC
- Domestic Spare Parts List
- Domestic Substitutions List
- NORCOLD Installation and Owner’s Manual for models 3163X
- Dometic RM182B Westy Fridge Manual
- Dometic Fridge Parts
- OBriens Camping Fridges – Camping supplier of the full Dometic and Waeco range, including 3-way camping gas fridges, portable fridges, Seitz campervan windows and Heki rooflights. Suitable for all types of VW Campers and Vans.
WESTFALIA MAINTENANCE RESOURCES
- Skylight Maintenance
- Pop Top Maintenance
- Aircooled Interstate Rescue Squad
- Westfalia Pop Top Fitting (German)
- The VW Camper Interior Information Site — a ton of useful downloadable manuals
Westfalia Parts Shops
- Bus Depot – Our US Distributor
- Frank Condelli – Almonte Ontario – Affiliates
- West Coast Metric
- Van Café – aka Volks Café
- Van Again – Ken Wilfry
- Gary Lee Racks – for Vanagon & now Eurovan
- Westy Ventures – Propex USA, Fridges, rare parts
- Garage VAPS – Saint-Jean sur Richelieu
- AA Transaxle – The best place to get your rear end fixed!
- Jeff’s Old Volks Home – Nova Scotia
Vanagon Repair Shop Reviews
The Great Westfalia Vanagon and Bus Resources
- BTDT The Vanagonauts – Tips and Tricks from the Vanagon Mailing List
- BTDT Vanagonauts Rescue Squad – worthy of its own link!
- Fanchers Upholstery VW Stuff
- Richard Atwell’s Resources Page – Awesome!
- Gas Price Search & Trip Calculator
- Buying Pure Gas – US & Canada
- Brent Weide’s – Vanagon Restoration for the complete idiot blog
- Essential Westfalia Accessories
- Hard to find Vanagon New & Used Parts
- Dometic Fridge Manual
- Dometic Fridge Parts
- Reefer Madness Part 1 – by Derek Drew
- Reefer Madness Part 2 – also by Derek Drew (Refrigerator! What were you thinking?)
- POR-15 Rust Proofing
- Paint Specs VW Westfalia
- Shoebox Electronix
- Westfalia Insurance Madness – by Derek Drew (US Based)
- Camperize – good ideas and links for all kinds of camperizing!
Westfalia & Vanagon Clubs or Forums
- Vanagon.com Because, if you own a Vanagon, you just gotta go there
- WetWesties – Pacific North West + BC & AB +++
- The Westfalia Owners Resource
- Syncro Madness – Derek Drew an awesome links area too
- UK VW Camper Forum
- UK Club 80 90 Forum
Canadian Westfalia & Bus Events & Camping Resources
- Bus Fusion
- Buses of the Corn
- Where to find Natural Hot Springs
- Where to find good Drinking Water
- Private Campgrounds in Canada
- Parks Canada Campgrounds
- Hidden Gem Campgrounds Canada & USA
- Camp pots
- Boondocking – camping in the midst of nature without the use of commercial campgrounds and hookups.
- BC Driving routes
- BC Parks Group Camping Reservations
- VW Camper Family – awesome map of good VW Camper sites in North America – and many other great resources!
Great Places to Rent a Westfalia around North America
Friends of The Skylight Guy
- Xplorex Our Web Site Developer (with VW T4)
- Sidestix – The most amazing mobility crutch
- Backyard Bounty – My assistant and she keeps us well fed too!
- Sunstream – a cool online magazine!
- Bavin Glass – Family Glass Blowing Shop
- The Gast Cost Calculator – Calculate your gas costs for any trip! (if you are not using WVO)
The authors of these pages cannot be held liable for any damages or injuries occurring during the following of these instructions or guidelines. Please use the resources above as guidelines only as we have not necessarily tried out every one of the instructions, tips, or ideas ourselves and cannot vouch for their effectiveness.