Made from acrylic materials and quality construction and with improved functionality, the Westfalia Pop Top acrylic canvas has three windows with screened side windows/flaps for better ventilation and an unzippable front screen to access your luggage rack cargo. All the screens on these are rated as NoSeeUm screens – which is a smaller knit to keep those annoying gnats out!
The 2014 Westfalia Pop Top canvas has some amazing new features, such as:
- The NoSeeUm netting, smaller knit screen to keep those gnats out!
- Curved front window shape lasts longer and makes the canvas more resistant to tearing
- Zipper protection flaps protect the zipper from weathering and helps prevent leaks
- Beautiful finishing details and workmanship with all raw ends finished
If you’re interesting in going with a special-order colour, email us for a PDF file of the Sunbrella colour choices available. Just be aware that special orders take 4-8 weeks delivery, depending on how busy we are in the shop.
Things to Consider When Choosing Your Westfalia Pop Top Canvas
- Do you like the ambient colour tones inside the Westy?
- Do you want to brighten up the inside with a lighter colour to reduce your interior light requirements, or keep it on the darker side so you can sleep in later?
- Sunbrella is heavier denser fabric than cotton, so it’s more resistant to water and mildew resistant. This also makes it slightly less breathable, but it’s hardly noticeable when your three windows are open.
- You may want to replace your old and brittle pop top canvas screws – nothing worse than finding out yours have broken or are lost in the installation! Our pop top canvas screws are made in Germany from low carbon stainless steel!
- Is your canvas an earlier version with the ‘staple-in style’ which means you could use one of our pop top canvas replacement tack strips! Authentic German tack strip – not an aftermarket product – this one is nice to work with – supple and solid!
Westfalia Pop Top ACRYLIC Colour Options:
If items are in stock – shipping will be immediate – if you want an out of stock colour we can wait 6-8 weeks for delivery depending on how special order these are.
- Linen – which I would truly call TAN
- Gray – which I would call CADET GRAY
- Pacific Blue
- Dandelion Yellow
Westfalia Pop Top Installation Info
Installing your new canvas is a relatively simple process… and we’ve made it even simpler with our installation tips from the experts! Click here to read more.
And if you’d like to see what the Pop-Top Canvas looks like installed, check out these great pics a happy customer recently sent us!
Want us to install the canvas for you? Need some fiberglass roof repairs?
We have installed over 30 canvasses – and not one is alike – the setting of the pop top on the roof and the hinges have long gone off factory settings making canvas installations somewhat of an art.
We are happy to install the canvas for you – we charge by the hour $85-$100/hr – options to consider are:
- canvas installation
- mold and mildew cleanse of the pop top
- replace old and brittle canvas screws with new stainless steel
- repairs to fiberglass roof damages
Quotes over the phone are generally a ball park – we need to see the job in front of us before we can give a more accurate quote – as well, we still get surprizes and cracks in the roof might show up etc. So we need you to be really willing to work with us for the optimal satisfaction of your roof repairs and canvas installations!